#WorkThatWorks #FoodForThought with #LemonThoughts
DISABLED = DISSIMILARLY ABLED
Let’s remember #WorldDisabledDay / 3rd December.
Even the Earth is not a perfect Sphere. https://iquoteiq.wordpress.com/2018/12/03/even-the-earth-is-not-a-perfect-sphere-thoughtfortheday-iquoteiq/
DISABLED = DISTINCTLY ABLED
~ Prabeen Kumar Pati
As U would have known by this time, as with FIFA Football 2018 World Cup Russia Quarter-Finals, it’s all going around:
6vs7 on 6/7 & 7/7
Oh Ya! World Cup of Letters & of R to World Cup of Numbers! 6 & 7.
We can even name the Stadium & Street Numbers 6 & 7.
67! Uf! Exception . Uf! It’s 76 on the 6th. Sometimes order matters! Rest are 67 for sure. Let’s see is it2be 67 in the Semi Finals or not… Will URU play its Way through or France advance!? Don’t Miss! U’ll Regret it. All happening in the Month of 7! #URUFRA #BRABEL #SWEENG #RUSCRO
All Exciting Goodies:
Brazilian NeymaRoll (I just love it 😀 )
Belgian Chocolate as-is & many more. Enjoy the new French Fries: URUFries, & BRABEL sandwich/choco/cookies/coffee/roll!
Just look at the Flags as well. There’s a Pattern similarly dissimilar:
FRA&BEL. SWE&ENG. RUS&CRO. BRA’s unique! I love it! & URU – the (south) Latin America flavour!?
Well, one Croatia fan from a remote country mistook RUSsIA for … (ref:flag, & pronunciation!)
ENGLAND fans vs SWEDEN fans:
Swedish to the English: Your line/queue starts where ours ends!
SwedEN-ENgland! made on the Soccer Football field of EDEN!
the English: The line/queue starts wherever we stand.
Which way will it actually SWEENG, I mean SWING!?
So it’s over to QFs: as per FIFA rankings: 14vs7, 2vs3, 24vs12, & 70vs20! GOAL!
An Update: as per FIFA Rankings, it’s:
14vs7, 2vs3, 24vs12, & 70vs20
#URUvsFRA, #BRAvsBEL, #SWEvENG, #RUSvsCRO
~ Prabeen Kumar Pati
Happy #LabourDay! May 1 not Labour toDay!
May each one get one’s dues / work-dues / work-renumeration / over-time / pay-off / compensation / pension!
Don’t Labour Religiously for Other’s Profits! #NothingReligiousAboutIt!
Reiterating(Iterator/Decorator Pattern) the #BuddhaEnlightenment on/post #BuddhaJayantii:
Buddham Sharanam Gachchhaami!
Karmam/Kammam Sharanam Gachchhaami!
Shramam/Shammam Sharanam Gachchhaami!
Don’t Labour Religiously for Others’ Profits/Fortunes! #NothingReligiousAboutIt!
Self-Enlightenment (one). #ShramaShramikaDiwbasa
~ Prabeen Kumar Pati
Lesson 1 of “!nfinity” : Effective Communication: Pronunciation – Cross Culture – Foreign/Indian Language/s – Names – Who said What’s in a NAME”? Shakespeare!
It was my first onsite assignment (software / IT) that too in the USA for the same client I had been working for from offshore India. (Down the Memory Lane… years back)
DEVI: yes, one day, many years back, my American client (point of contact – a male incidentally) called a lady (a few feet away) by her (not so) name “DEVI” (‘TheyVii‘ / ‘TheyVee‘) but as “DayVi” / “Davi”!
I was beside him, & immediately smilingly corrected him, it’s not “DayVi” / ‘Davey’ but Devii (TheyVee): ‘D’ as in “The” like “’The‘ Computer”!
He immediately got it and pronounced it correctly “TheyVii”. And he was so happy and excited that how easy it was to pronounce it! He wondered and exclaimed how nobody told him so easily earlier ever! He was also sad that he had been always calling out the name (effectively the lady) so incorrectly (on a regular basis as both of them were on work interaction constantly). The lady “Devi” also smiled.
I checked sometime back: even the dictionaries – at least online official ones & wikipedia even don’t have that easy pronunciation! (yes some audio available these days of course.)
You can thank me if you would like for this simple & easy but so precious yet invaluable tip! 🙂
note: Incidentally, “Devi” / “Devii” is an Indian (Indian subcontinent!) / Bhaaratiya name meaning “Goddess” / “Mother Goddess”. You can refer to dictionaries/ online / wiki for the meaning alone of course.
disclaimer: I have run “Spelling and Grammar check via word-tool” of this post. Even then pardon for any grammatical/typo!
~ Prabeen Kumar Pati
#Devi, #Pronunciation, #Indian, #Bhaaratiya, #American, #TheyVii, #TheyVee, #Devii,
Series: “Correct Pronunciation. Effective Communication. Cross Culture – Foreign/Indian Language/s”. A guide especially to Non-Indian-native speakers.
#UnionBudget2018India 1Feb2018: highlights for salaried individuals & senior citizens & retail investors that are affected:: + technology orientation & digital India::
Personal Income Tax:
- no proposal or no change in tax-slabs for individuals. (#FM states that he has done enough for the salaried class & tax slabs already!)
- New: 40000 rupees – standard deductions: transport & medical reimbursement allowances
- Women PF employee contribution reduced to 8% to allow higher take-home salary
- Senior Citizens: exempted interest income on bank or post office FD 10k increased to Rs.50K. NO TDS under sec 5A.
- health insurance premium & medical expenditure Rs. 30k to 50k under 80D.
- general deduction: Rs. 60K senior citizen & 80k snr snr to 1lac for all.
- assured 8% return on LIC policies
- Equity markets:
- ROI on equity:
This is #BREAKING!
long term capital gains now
but vibrant equity mkt => modest (as per FM!)
tax on exceeding 100000 investment at 10%! What!
1yr as short term capital gain at 15%
- ROI on equity:
- MFs at 10%!
- health & education cess increased to 4%
- highlights for Companies & employees in insurance scheme – so change in HR policies/benefits restructure or standardisation: All 3 nationalised insurance companies will be merged and listed as one company.
- highlights for Companies & Enterprises:
- Unique Aadhaar ID for each enterprise entity to be mandatory.
- Also 372 business reforms on the cards
- #Technologies/ #Digital #India:
- #blockchain being evaluated & to be adopted towards digital India.
- #CryptoAssetsCurrencies are absolutely Illegal
- #MachineLearning #AI #InternetOfThings #IoT #3DPrinting through #StartUpIndia #MakeInIndia schemes through #NitiAyogs
- #robotics #BigDataTechnologies etc. will be through #CyberCOEs #CentreOfExcellence around 373!
- Telecom+Digital: indigenous #5G speed at #IIT_Chennai
~ Prabeen Kumar Pati
FacialRecognition! Where are we today?
Not just Phone/SmartPhone, wherever in use or to be, how capable is the current set / technology & #AI today in terms of FaceDetection & FacialRecognition?
e.g.: Can a #iPhone/X (if not #LGPhone) detect a face damaged/burnt? Can #AADHAAR detect & authenticate a damaged/burnt face correctly?
Condition: facial security was set before the incident.
Can an acid attack survivor, burns/accident/attack survivor be able to unlock/lock the device / pass the authentication in any security/ID?
How’s Google, Amazon, Microsoft or even any start-up or entity in this context?
Google’s AI over drawing(freehand on-screen) face detection I had tried online a few months back, but not to the expectation. It gave me a different result of a non-living object!
Is it safe to conclude that in case of facial makeover, transplant or any mutation it will go undetected?
It’s not about using mask scenarios, but real incidents.
What about patients with memory loss and so on?
Machine Learning be in this direction.
Gone Cases: Eyes/Iris if damaged. Fingers if gone? Voice/Speech: if sore throat or gone?
The nations / govt. & military/defence/security should have mechanism to detect a false face / impersonation.
That should be the roadmap. The future.
(Next: Sci-fi/Tech / Movies, bring me in!)
~ Prabeen Kumar Pati
Credit/caption: Prabeen: #WaW! TheWishesNetwork: #ConnectedNetwork or not; #ConnectedWishes Yes! Connected or not that, Extend a Wish! Let the Wishes’ Network grow & spread the Happiness. Let it Shine!
My “#ConnectedNetwork #ConnectedWishes” Original Theme:
#WaW! Connected NetWork! What about Wish?
“Connected Network or Not! Wishes Yes!
Gift a Smile a Day, Gift a Wish a Day,
to known, or not that known,
Do that Help that may save the Day,
or make the Day!
Make that count, Bring the one IN!”
The Wishes’ Network! (if not Network of Wishes)
This goes with my #HappyCampaign – “I Wanna U to be HAPPY” https://prabeenpati.wordpress.com/2017/01/01/i-wanna-you-to-be-happy/
(originally started sharing the theme & vision with some wherever I have travelled over the world earlier than 2015 when I wrote/composed/sang the #Happy Campaign theme & then published online as well. )
The diagram is part of my work part – blueprint/template; series & #GraphNodes based #TheWishesNetwork & considered Apache Spark GraphX.
I wish/greet the others or just smile as I see the life/being in them like we are all connected through that sole thing that keeps us all alive – “life” (praana)!
Today, as the day of festivities/festivals/celebrations across regions: thanked & offered my prayers & ‘arpan‘ / surrendering to the #SUN (#Suuryaarghya) as well as I do everyday.
#HappyHarvests #HappyThanksgiving #ShubhMakaraSankraanti & likewise…
I have wished (extended even small contribution if it’s) many known / close / acquaintances or in touch or not so much in touch and whom I have just brief exchanges with.
What about YOU?
Share your experiences.
That will be enriching even:
I am working on / authoring a book titled the same already.
Bring Smiles, Bring Happiness.
Spread Smiles, spread Happiness.
Wish You all the Happiness… 🙂 🙏🎉
(Prabeen Kumar Pati)
#PrabeenPati #TheWishesNetwork #IWannaUToBeHAPPY #Happiness #CelebrateWishes #CelebrateSmiles #CelebrateHappiness #CelebrateLIFE #WaW
in #English & some #Hindi/#Sanskrit word/term(s).
The most disrupting/buzzing word/term/happening of the year 2017 & the list (listed by Prabeen)
- “disrupt” – the “most buzzing word/term/prefix in the world of technology & everywhere” of the year 2017 & pre-: (my diagram incomplete).
2. BitCoin – the sensational rise & rise & the invitation to scrutiny thereby ->volatility. Most buzzing thing and controversial thing of late.
3. AI – Artificial Intelligence:
The most common revolutionary disruptive word/phrase & happening / reality in the world throughout not just technology.
4. 4th (Fourth) Industrial Revolution.
Yes it’s happening already & AI is just a part of it.
5. VR – Virtual Reality
6. AR – Augmented Reality
Let’s bit go one level details in broader category wise:
#disrupt / disrupts / disruption / disruptive
- disrupting technology / idea…
- disruptive innovation
- disrupting policy
- digital disruption
As stated, the most common revolutionary disruptive word/phrase & happening / reality in the world not just technology:
- (2) AI Artificial Intelligence
(& related pre- happening – underneath & along-with:
2.3 Big Data + 2.1 Machine Learning + 2.2 Analytics)
#AI, (apart from (4) mobile), my personal point of view, I was very sure & had visualized; & also responded to my uncle way back in the year 2008 when he asked what’s the next big thing or future of technology;
& future of IT / jobs: IT market far from being saturated. Gov-based lots of opportunities. There would be job losses but also new paradigm shift & opportunities from time to time.
4. Virtual Assistant (related to AI)
5. Mobile – Mobility. Mobile Platform (always buzzing and so common that buzzing is not even a word).
6. Touch (Touchable User Interface) . Self-explanatory.
7. Speech Recognition (again self-suficient)
8. Facial Recognition (LG used it, but Apple / iPhone hyped it and justified it)
9. Connected: connected network. connected world. connected things.
10. #IoT (under / related to 9) – Internet of Things (carries over from past year)
11. BlockChain (financial transactions / logs / institutions)
12. CryptoCurrency (under/related to 11) – Most / Top controversial technology thing.
13. (3) BitCoin (under/related to category 8! but actually at #2or 3.) (- the sensational rise & rise & the invitation to scrutiny thereby ->volatility. Most buzzing thing of late. It’s not just bit of a coin! Very complex and complicated and energy-sapping. Most / No.1 controversial technology thing + term especially of late.
Yes, all these years, even I’ve been a silent spectator as many. Never knew how to invest nor have the resources/money to invest.
Most underestimated or under-/not-hyped but used and really effective/relating word/term/thing: “unified“.
14. #unified: unified stack, unified architecture => unified connected world
Happening in the background not very hyped or vocal:
15. OpenBank project. (Financials+Credit/Loans. Transactions. Logs. History. Eligibility)
16. Trend in Collaboration (actually one top thing).
17. Architecture: Open.x Open Architecture
Obvious & common use:
19. Machines / Robots
(1) human at the centre (center)/core of it all.
These will continue for the next year as well. More are there but let me stop here for the time-being.
Prabeen Kumar Pati
#artificialintelligence, #Automation, #disrupting, #Machines, #prabeenpati, #Robots, AI, Analytics, Apple, BigData, BitCoin, BlockChain, buzzing, Cloud, Collaboration, Connected, Connected Network, Connected Things, Connected World, CruptoCurrency, digital, disrupt, disruptive, Facial Recognition, Human, InternetOfTHings, Iot, iPhone, IT, LG, Machine Learning, mobile, OpenBank, Prabeen Pati, Speech Recognition, Top18, Top20, Touch, Unified, Unified Architecture, UnifiedStack, Virtual Assistant