The most disrupting/buzzing word/term/happening of the year 2017 & the list (listed by Prabeen)
- “disrupt” – the “most buzzing word/term/prefix in the world of technology & everywhere” of the year 2017 & pre-: (my diagram incomplete).
2. BitCoin – the sensational rise & rise & the invitation to scrutiny thereby ->volatility. Most buzzing thing and controversial thing of late.
3. AI – Artificial Intelligence:
The most common revolutionary disruptive word/phrase & happening / reality in the world throughout not just technology.
4. 4th (Fourth) Industrial Revolution.
Yes it’s happening already & AI is just a part of it.
5. VR – Virtual Reality
6. AR – Augmented Reality
Let’s bit go one level details in broader category wise:
#disrupt / disrupts / disruption / disruptive
- disrupting technology / idea…
- disruptive innovation
- disrupting policy
- digital disruption
As stated, the most common revolutionary disruptive word/phrase & happening / reality in the world not just technology:
- (2) AI Artificial Intelligence
(& related pre- happening – underneath & along-with:
2.3 Big Data + 2.1 Machine Learning + 2.2 Analytics)
#AI, (apart from (4) mobile), my personal point of view, I was very sure & had visualized; & also responded to my uncle way back in the year 2008 when he asked what’s the next big thing or future of technology;
& future of IT / jobs: IT market far from being saturated. Gov-based lots of opportunities. There would be job losses but also new paradigm shift & opportunities from time to time.
4. Virtual Assistant (related to AI)
5. Mobile – Mobility. Mobile Platform (always buzzing and so common that buzzing is not even a word).
6. Touch (Touchable User Interface) . Self-explanatory.
7. Speech Recognition (again self-suficient)
8. Facial Recognition (LG used it, but Apple / iPhone hyped it and justified it)
9. Connected: connected network. connected world. connected things.
10. #IoT (under / related to 9) – Internet of Things (carries over from past year)
11. BlockChain (financial transactions / logs / institutions)
12. CryptoCurrency (under/related to 11) – Most / Top controversial technology thing.
13. (3) BitCoin (under/related to category 8! but actually at #2or 3.) (- the sensational rise & rise & the invitation to scrutiny thereby ->volatility. Most buzzing thing of late. It’s not just bit of a coin! Very complex and complicated and energy-sapping. Most / No.1 controversial technology thing + term especially of late.
Yes, all these years, even I’ve been a silent spectator as many. Never knew how to invest nor have the resources/money to invest.
Most underestimated or under-/not-hyped but used and really effective/relating word/term/thing: “unified“.
14. #unified: unified stack, unified architecture => unified connected world
Happening in the background not very hyped or vocal:
15. OpenBank project. (Financials+Credit/Loans. Transactions. Logs. History. Eligibility)
16. Trend in Collaboration (actually one top thing).
17. Architecture: Open.x Open Architecture
Obvious & common use:
19. Machines / Robots
(1) human at the centre (center)/core of it all.
These will continue for the next year as well. More are there but let me stop here for the time-being.
Prabeen Kumar Pati
#artificialintelligence, #Automation, #disrupting, #Machines, #prabeenpati, #Robots, AI, Analytics, Apple, BigData, BitCoin, BlockChain, buzzing, Cloud, Collaboration, Connected, Connected Network, Connected Things, Connected World, CruptoCurrency, digital, disrupt, disruptive, Facial Recognition, Human, InternetOfTHings, Iot, iPhone, IT, LG, Machine Learning, mobile, OpenBank, Prabeen Pati, Speech Recognition, Top18, Top20, Touch, Unified, Unified Architecture, UnifiedStack, Virtual Assistant